BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- • High-tech professional systems enabling students to acquire practical skills and regularly win Russian and international professional awards.
- • An extensive list of international partners facilitating academic exchange and joint programmes.
- • Platforms for professional activity: students’ educational press center, information and education portal ‘Pervaya Linia, international educational TV and radio channel ‘Most (Bridge)’, international competitions Mass Media Perspective and PolitPRpro.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- • Russian Media Studies
MAIN EDUCATIONAL COURSES
- • Media and Communication Theory
- • Journalism in Global Context
- • Methods of Media Research
- • Russian Media Landscape
- • Russian Political Landscape
- • Academic English
- • History of Modern Russia
- • Mass Media and Public Sphere in Russia and Abroad
- • Comparative Media Studies
- • Professional Awareness of a Journalist: A Comparative Perspective
- • Content and Editorial Management in Modern Journalism
- • Digital Content Creation
- • Media Lab in Online Media
- • Environmental Journalism
- • Gender Issues in Journalism
- • Public Relations and Public Communication
- • Media and Diasporas
- • New Media and Political Mobilisation in Russia and Beyond
- • Planning the activities of a media company/a media company division
- • Development of the concept, the model, and the format of a publication, a programme, or a column
- • Journalistic skills: searching for and verification of information, creation and editing of media texts, communication with the audience
- • Research into various aspects of the functioning of national and foreign media.
- • Upon the completion of the programme, graduates can work as journalists in foreign mass media covering news from Russia, Russian mass media with international coverage. They can land a job as an editor, PR specialist, digital content specialist, or media researcher.