BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAMME
- • The continuity of traditions of the oldest Russia’s schools of thought.
- • Unique courses developed by SPbU experts, cutting-edge teaching techniques and technology.
- • A wide range of research topics and methodologies in the area of foreign languages.
- • Extensive training in a specialized and competitive area of translation.
AREAS OF SPECIALIZATION
- • Innovative Technology in Translation: French
- • Innovative Technology in Translation: Spanish
- • Innovative Technology in Translation: Italian
MAIN EDUCATIONAL COURSES
- • History of Language
- • History of Linguistics and Methods of Linguistic Research
- • Screen Translation
- • Computer-Aided Translation Tools
- • Lexicology
- • Methods of Linguistic Analysis
- • General Translation Theory
- • Fundamentals of Contrastive Linguistics
- • Translation of Documentation
- • Translation / Consecutive Interpreting from Russian
- • Semiotics
- • Philosophy of Language
- • Literary Translation / Simultaneous Interpreting
- • Ability to apply translation transformations for achieving the required level of equivalence and representation in all kinds of translation
- • Consecutive interpreting and sight translation skills
- • Note-taking skills in consecutive interpreting
- • Working knowledge of methods used for comprehensive assessment of complex translation projects from/to Romance languages, involving modern computer-assisted translation tools, terminology management features and linguistic software.
The programme trains translators of general and specialized focus areas. Graduates are well-equipped to join the translation market and perform practical and managerial tasks using cutting-edge translation technologies.
Graduates are well-placed to provide high-quality
- • translation services (translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting) to natural and legal persons or embark on a career in translation departments of international organisations.
- • language consulting
- • language services management (management of project teams and translation departments)
- • translator training
- • applied research in linguistics and related disciplines
- • postgraduate study in Russia or abroad