Level of education
Type of instruction
Benefits of the programme
- The continuity of traditions of the oldest Russia’s schools of thought.
- Unique courses developed by SPbU experts, cutting-edge teaching techniques and technology.
- A wide range of research topics and methodologies in the area of foreign languages.
- Extensive training in a specialized and competitive area of translation.
Areas of specialization
- Innovative Technology in Translation: French
- Innovative Technology in Translation: Spanish
- Innovative Technology in Translation: Italian
Main educational courses
- History of Language
- History of Linguistics and Methods of Linguistic Research
- Screen Translation
- Computer-Aided Translation Tools
- Methods of Linguistic Analysis
- General Translation Theory
- Fundamentals of Contrastive Linguistics
- Translation of Documentation
- Translation / Consecutive Interpreting from Russian
- Philosophy of Language
- Literary Translation / Simultaneous Interpreting
- Ability to apply translation transformations for achieving the required level of equivalence and representation in all kinds of translation
- Consecutive interpreting and sight translation skills
- Note-taking skills in consecutive interpreting
- Working knowledge of methods used for comprehensive assessment of complex translation projects from/to Romance languages, involving modern computer-assisted translation tools, terminology management features and linguistic software.
The programme trains translators of general and specialized focus areas. Graduates are well-equipped to join the translation market and perform practical and managerial tasks using cutting-edge translation technologies.
Graduates are well-placed to provide high-quality
- Translation services (translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting) to natural and legal persons or embark on a career in translation departments of international organisations.
- Language consulting
- Language services management (management of project teams and translation departments)Translator training
- Applied research in linguistics and related disciplines
- Postgraduate study in Russia or abroad
Intrested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.