Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Benefits of the programme
The first and the only programme on Strategic and Arms Control studies in Russia at the present time. It offers a unique focus on in-depth study of current military-political problems. Over the course of the program, students will receive training to prepare them for analytical and practical work in national and international organizations which work to find solutions to modern military-political issues.
Main educational courses
- Strategy and Politics in the 19th - 21st Centuries
- Basic Strategic Analysis
- Nuclear Strategy and Arms Control
- Arms Control, Disarmament and Nonproliferation
- Military Innovations and Strategy
- Possession of categorical apparatus in the fields of military strategy, defense policy and international security policy
- Basic project planning and implementation skills
- Principles of strategic analysis and strategic forecasting
- Knowledge of the key issues in the spheres of defense and security policy
- Basic knowledge of the technical aspects of modern weapons and military equipment development
- Knowledge of basic national and international legislation in the sphere of non-proliferation, disarmament and arms control
- A sophisticated understanding of research and analyses in the field of military strategy
- Knowledge of special terminology
- The ability to apply specific knowledge in different practical environments
Graduates may engage in analytical and investigative work in information management and analytical centers, consulting agencies and research organizations, as well as work in the civil service, international organizations and the media.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.