Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English and Russian
Main academic courses
- Current Challenges in the Methodology of the History of Art and Art Criticism
- The Art of the 20th Century: Russia and the West
- History of Western European Classical Architecture
- History of Contemporary Film: the 2000s
- Methodology of Art Studies and Art Criticism
- Psychoanalytic Theories of Film
- Current Issues in Humanities
- Image Theory: Poetics of Film
- Philosophical Aesthetics (in English)
- Formation of critical thinking skills, and a creative approach to research activities in the selected area;
- Gaining experience in writing about the art and history of cinematography as well as critical articles, reviews, analytical reviews on cinema, fine art and architecture issues;
- Opportunity to attend seminars and engage with leading Russian and foreign art historians and art critics on a regular basis;
- Access to library resources, photo lab, video-editing lab and multimedia, multimedia systems, and video conferencing classroom.
- Bard College (the USA)
- The University of Warsaw (Poland)
- Regent’s University (Great Britain)
- Utrecht University (the Netherlands)
- The University of Edinburgh (Great Britain)
The main place for internships — The Hermitage.
Graduates can work in the teaching and education spheres, carry out museum activities and management of cultural events, conduct research, and develop and implement projects in Art.
- The Alexandrinsky Theatre
- The Hermitage
- The magazine “Seance”
- The film company “Bazelevs”
- Film Centre “Dom Kino”
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.