taught in Russian
Type of instruction
Duration of study
Areas of specialisation
Historical Performance Using Keyboard Musical Instruments
- Foreign Language
- Keyboard Pedagogy and Performance
- Management in Culture and Arts
- Research Methodology in Arts and Humanities
- Music Theory Systems
- Fundamentals of Musicological Text Editing and Design
- Practical classes: organ / harpsichord / carillon / piano (instrument related to the appropriate area of specialisation)
- Baroque Treatises on Music
Scope of research
The programme is aimed at training performers playing either the organ, or the harpsichord, or the carillon and having a researcher's skills in the field of old music. An essential part of the learning process is the historical analysis and art review of materials on the selected topic, as well as the study of sources, analysis, interpretation based on the existing scientific concepts of various types of musical texts — theoretical, historical, critical, including those written in foreign languages.
Internship and future career
The training process includes research and teaching practice introducing the methods of teaching profession-oriented disciplines at educational institutions; the master students also discover the types of activities of the major educational institutions, as well as develop their individual research projects. The graduates can work at philharmonic societies, concert organisations, opera and music theatres, research and educational institutions..
Companies where our graduates work
- SPbU Department of Organ, Harpsichord and Carillon
- N. A. Rimsky-Korsakov St Petersburg State Conservatory
- M. P. Mussorgsky St Petersburg College of Music
- Yekaterinburg State Philharmonia
- Tyumen State Philharmonia
Intrested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.