taught in Russian
Level of education: Master programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
- Current Issues in Historical Studies
- Preservation of Digital and Intangible Heritage
- Innovative Technologies in the Museum
- Information Databases of Museum Objects
- Historical Collections in Russian Museums
- Interdisciplinary Approaches in Contemporary Historical Science
- Scientific Acquisition of Museum Holdings
- Digitisation of Museum Objects
- The Legal Foundation of Research and Collections Management
- Modes of Museum Collection Storage
- Modern Foreign Studies in Museology
- Statistical Analysis of Art Market Pricing
- Insurance of Museum Objects
- Management of the State Collection of Postal Payment Signs
- The Formation of Museum Collections of Modern Art (in English)
- Private Collecting
The programme is aimed at training competitive specialists and researchers in the field of modern museum practices for the conservation, use and popularisation of museum collections. Such specialists are equipped with high-level managerial skills and a broad cultural horizon; they are focused on the specific features of museum development in St Petersburg and Russia.
The students learn to apply modern methods of scientific information retrieval, processing and storage; they learn how to organise and conduct research and practical activities in their field of study.
The graduates are in demand as custodians, researcher workers, department heads, museum experts. This master's programme is unrivalled in any other Russian higher education institution and therefore its graduates have an exclusive opportunity to apply their fundamental knowledge in the appropriate labour market, both in Russia and abroad.
- Museum documentation specialist
- Guide, research worker
- Employee at an educational centre
- Educator (additional education)
Intrested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.