Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: German
Main academic courses
- Linguistic Fundamentals of Intercultural Communication
- German and Russian Idioms in the Dialogue of Cultures
- German and Russian Phraseology in Intercultural
- Creative Writing in the Theory and Practice of Teaching German as a Foreign Language.
- Introduction to the History of German Theatre and Cinema
- History of Germany in German Literature
- History of German Culture.
- German Philosophy in the German Cultural Context
- Translation Problems in Interlingual Communication
- Comparative Typology of Russian and German: Grammar, Vocabulary
- Theoretical and Applied Aspects of Functional Stylistics: the Style of Opinion Journalism, the Official Style, the Scientific Style
The process of training involves: teaching and research practice at St Petersburg University; and teaching practice at the partner institutions of Helmut Schmidt University or the University of Hamburg (Germany).
- philologists for scientific and publishing activities
- teachers of higher educational institutions
- teachers of secondary schools, gymnasiums, centres of German culture, and foreign language courses
- specialists in intercultural communication
Organisations where our graduates work
- German-Russian Meeting Centre
- Representative offices of German companies in Russia
- Translation companies
- Companies working in culture and tourism areas
- Media companies
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.