Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Design History and Methods
- Architecture and Art in the 20th and 21st Centuries
- Integral Analysis of Environmental Objects
- Conceptual Modelling of Environmental Objects
- Digital Technologies in Environmental Design
- Preservation of Natural and Cultural Heritage Sites
- Patent Science and Copyright
- Current Issues in Environmental Design
- Theory and Methods of Design Project Development
- The programme is based on the unique exclusive methods of teaching specialised courses, which provide variability of training with respect to the individual scientific interests of undergraduates. This deepens and expands the competence obtained in the training during the programme;
- The teaching staff of the programme is a team of like-minded professionals, practitioners, and theorists. They have an extensive experience in the scientific and practical fields of environmental design and art activity, and are specialists in various fields – landscape, restoration, architecture, interior, and urban planning. All teachers are members of creative unions (Union of Artists, Union of Architects, Union of Landscape Architects, Union of Designers), many have degrees in art history or architecture or honorary titles;
- Students actively participate in: the exhibition and project activities of the programme; competitions; and conferences of national and international scale (‘National Award in the Field of Landscape Architecture’, ‘Insterforum’, ‘the Fate of Man – the Fate of the Earth’, ‘ICON-LA’, etc.);
- The training programme includes research and creative practices. During these undergraduates not only consolidate their theoretical knowledge but also execute specific assignments for the correction or formation of environmental objects on the basis of scientific research. Such practical training is facilitated by the funds ‘Legacy of Baron Stieglitz’, ‘Pro Arte’, and ‘House-castle’. In addition, The Scientific Park of St Petersburg University, namely the RC ‘Space and geoinformation technologies’, provides an opportunity for the undergraduates to perform pre-project studies using the latest methods and technologies of monitoring and screening of the architectural environment. This ensures the highest level of accuracy of design;
- The graduates' professional and creative demand is determined by comprehensive theoretical and practical training. The graduates work in the Committee on Urban Planning and Architecture, Department of Garden and Park Management, design companies and architectural offices. They can continue their doctoral studies in European universities;
- The programme actively cooperates with foreign universities (Aalto University in Helsinki; Boit University of Applied Sciences in Berlin; Rouen Higher School of Architecture);
- The programme will be further internationalised with the establishment of the master's curriculum in ‘Landscape Design’ in English.
The graduates are trained to work at architectural and design companies as designers of urban environment, landscapes, interiors and architectural objects, developers of concepts for complex environmental projects and heads of interdisciplinary teams of authors.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.