Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Journalism Translation
- Literary Translation
- Popular Science Translation
- General Translation Studies: Modern Approaches
- Theory of Literary Translation
- Theory of Intercultural Communication / Comparative Linguoculturology
- Comparative Stylistic Aspects of Interlingual Communication
- Linguistics and Interpretation of Text
- Internet Technologies in Translator's Work / Computer-Aided Translation Tools
- Fundamentals of Literary Editing Practice / Fundamentals of Literary Criticism
- Russian Literature in Translation
- Translator’s Standards of Speech / Translation Evaluation and Assessment
- Philosophy and Culture in English-Speaking Countries
- Training of the most demanded specialists in the field of applied translation studies;
- Obtaining highly specialised training and the possibility to directly apply the skills in practical use;
- Extensive range of problems and research methodology in the field of foreign languages;
- Tradition continuity of the oldest Russian scientific schools.
The graduates can pursue a career of highly qualified linguists and translators, specialists in the field of literary translation and editing. They are capable of conducting professional and organisational activities in the translation market using modern information technologies and translation strategies in this field.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.