Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- History of Translation Studies
- Translation in the Context of Language Philosophy
- Cognitive-Heuristic Model of Translation
- Translation of Natural Science Texts
- Lexical Problems in Translation
- Grammatical Problems in Translation
- Lexicographic Aspects of Translation
- Norms of Natural Science Discourse
- Simultaneous Interpreting
- Consecutive Interpreting
- Theory and Practice of Russian to English Translation
- Fundamentals of Cognitive Linguistics
- Linguistic Pragmatics
- Current Trends in the Development of Natural Sciences
The programme provides training in various types of professionally-oriented translation and interpreting from English into Russian and from Russian into English, as well as translation from the second European language into Russian, based on natural science texts.
During programme training the students will obtain the following knowledge and skills:
- knowledge of the theoretical and methodological basis of translation;
- knowledge of the history of translation studies and current trends in the theory of translation;
- knowledge of the current trends of the development of natural sciences;
- knowledge of a second European language;
- skills in solving lexicological and grammatical problems of translation;
- skills of working with lexicographical resources and other resources of information to solve translation problems;
- skills of translating a natural science text from English into Russian and from Russian into English;
- skills of consecutive and simultaneous interpreting;
- skills of translating from a second foreign language into Russian;
- skills of research work and writing dissertation research in the field of translation studies.
The graduates can work as translators of natural science texts, interpreters, teachers of translation at universities and colleges, expert consultants in the field of translation.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.