Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Geography of Traditional Systems of Natural Resource Management
- Current Issues in Ethnography and Ethnogeography
- Method in Ethnography and Anthropology
- Ethnological Assessment
- Economic and Legal Anthropology
- Political Anthropology
- Electronic Systematisation and Presentation of Ethnographic and Ethnogeographical Data
- Concepts of Conservation, Restoration, Presentation and Representation of Cultural Monuments
- Theory and Methodology of Anthropology, Ethnography and Ethnogeography
- The main focus is on the study of the culture of the peoples from different regions of Russia: Siberia, the Caucasus, the Urals, the Volga Region, the Russian North, and other regions;
- The programme is aimed at training practitioners in the field of preservation and development of the ethnocultural heritage of Russia;
- The student gets acquainted with the world and domestic integration experience of peoples' traditional culture into a modern post-industrial society;
- The curriculum has an applied focus. It includes extensive training in the field of legal support and economic justification of the ethnocultural development concepts of the Russian Federation;
- Education includes methodological training (field, museum) and the study of modern information technology (GIS, databases) necessary for a specialist in Ethnology;
- The graduate of the programme has extensive knowledge in the fields of the history of national construction, geography, and museology.
Practical training and career opportunities
In accordance with the curriculum, the students undergo ethnological field and museum practices. The practice training is held in museums such as:
- Peter the Great Museum of Anthropology and Ethnography (Kunstkammer)
- The Russian Museum of Ethnography
- All-Russian Historical and Ethnographic Museum (Torzhok).
The graduates can work as an ethnographers, culturologists, political scientists, sociologists, environmental scientists, museum workers, museum custodians, museum documentation specialists, archivists, library employees, bibliographers, teachers, editors of scientific literature, media workers, content managers, tourism managers.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.