Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Geoecological Monitoring in Oil and Gas Producing Regions
- Technogenesis Biogeochemistry
- Computer-aided Technology in Ecology and Natural Resource Management
- Environmental Protection in the Russian Federation and International Cooperation
- Current Issues in Ecology and Natural Resource Management
- Environmental Regulation
- Environmental Design and Audit
This master’s programme is aimed at providing students with in-depth knowledge of ecology and rational natural resource management. There is a high demand for highly qualified specialists in this field. This programme is of primary significance in the innovative approach to research and education in St Petersburg University. Solving the problems of environmental and natural resource management is regarded as the key aspect of the country’s national security. It is an essential part both of the environmental doctrine of the Russian Federation and a core component of its national environmental policy until 2030.
Practical training and career opportunities
Graduates of this programme can
- carry out scientific research in the studied area
- carry out environmental monitoring and know how to prepare all necessary paperwork
- participate in various types of project analysis and environmental audit.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Arctic and Antarctic Research Institute
- Severo-zapadnoe PGO, JSC (St Petersburg Complex Geological Expedition)
- All-Russian Scientific and Research Institute "VNIIOkeangeologia"
- State Unitary Enterprise “Vodokanal of St Petersburg”
- St Petersburg Ecological Company, CJSC
- Committee for Natural Resources of the Leningrad Region
- Gazprom, PJSC
- Federal State Budgetary Institution “St Petersburg Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring”.'
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.