Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Hydrological Hazards: Causes and Distribution
- Hydrological Hazards: Monitoring Methods
- Methods of Calculating and Forecasting
- Hydrological Hazards: Evaluation of Risk and Damage
- Hydrological Safety and Protection of Territories
- This master’s programme is unique in Russia. It complies with corresponding programmes of universities in Europe and the USA; and it is designed for Russian and foreign students.
- This programme is aimed at training specialists in hydrometeorology. They will acquire the knowledge and skills in the latest research methods, and the methods of calculating and forecasting hydrological hazards. Our graduates will gain the capacity for producing workable solutions to problems arising due to floods, mud flows and avalanches on local, regional and global scales.
- Applied research is what we give priority to.
- Our students can use the cutting-edge equipment of the University’s resource centres and laboratories.
- We keep in close touch with academic institutions and other potential employers.
- We offer our students scientific collaboration with the leading universities and companies in the world.
- Our students can do summer field work and have expeditions in the most exciting places in Russia and abroad: the Khibiny Mountains; the Caucasus Mountains; the Altai Mountains; the Sayan Mountains; as well as in the Institute of Mountain Hazards and the Environmental Chinese Academy of Science in China.
Practical training and career opportunities
Organisations where our graduates can work
- Federal Service for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring of the Russian Federation
- federal and regional organisations within the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation, the Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation
- planning and surveying organisations including “Hydrotechproject” LLC, “Lenhydroproject” PJSC, and “Lenvodproject” LLC
- corporations and private companies involved in production and distribution of natural resources for instance Gazprom LLC and Transneft PJSC
- regional governments in the Russian Federation
- the Russian Academy of Sciences
- the Federal Water Resources Agency.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.