Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Megascience Equipment for Studying the Structure of Minerals and Materials
- Correlation Between the Content, Structure and Properties of Minerals and their Derivatives
- Crystal Chemistry: Research Methods and Application Range of Radioactive Minerals and Materials
- Theoretical and Practical Aspects of X-Ray Structural Analysis
- Biomineralisation and Nature-like Biotechnologies
- Structural and Chemical Polymorphism of Minerals
- Crystal Chemistry of Minerals and Materials in Extreme Conditions
- Physical Properties of Minerals and Materials
- Predicting the Properties of Functional Materials and Their Derivation
- Fundamentals of Modern Materials Science
- Classification and Application Range of Modern Functional Materials
- This master’s programme is aimed at giving our students an advanced theoretical and practical knowledge of natural minerals and structures necessary for making new substances and materials including nanomaterials. This programme is unique in Russia.
- The interdisciplinary approach enables to train unique research specialists of crystal substances of all types. They are capable of both solving tasks related to natural phases and constructing artificial compounds with specified properties. This combination of knowledge and skills can promote breakthrough results.
- Our students gain the knowledge of the latest methods of the synthesis of materials and their investigations. They become experienced users of the state-of-the art analytical equipment of the resource centres of the University, which have the latest hardware and software, such as “X-ray diffraction method”, “Geomodel”, and “Magnetic resonance methods”.
Practical training and career opportunities
Our graduates gain the capacity for
- scientific research in academic institutions, research institutes, and higher educational establishments
- research, development and production
- academic work in establishments of higher, secondary and vocational education
- management: in state control bodies managing natural resources; in research, development and production companies; and in state and private companies of the industry
- project work in state and private project companies
- expert work in state organisations and businesses working in mineralogy and materials science.
- research fellow
- lecturer in a higher educational institution.
Organisations where our graduates work
- universities in Russia and abroad, establishments of secondary and vocational education
- academic and departmental scientific research institutions
- private companies and self-employment.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.