Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
Modern Italian Society: Structure, Trends in Development, Cultural Values
- Cultural Geography of Italy
- Risorgimento - the Unfinished Project
- Italian Identity
- Made in Italy: Traditions and Perspectives
- Hungarian Identity
- Hungarian: Typological Characteristics (in Comparison with Indo-European Languages)
- Cultural Geography of Hungary
- Theatres and Museums in Hungary
- Applied Arts of Hungary
- Patterns of Morality in Russian Culture
- Russian Folk Culture: Categories and Principles
- Russian Musical Culture
- Russian Avant-Garde
- Russian Culture of the Soviet and Post-Soviet Times
- The programme is designed to provide in-depth knowledge about the origins and current state of culture and art in European countries such as Russia, Italy, and Hungary. The uniqueness of the programme includes: the acquisition of general theoretical disciplines included in the body of cultural knowledge; as well as common sources that form the cultural image of modern Europe. This is backed up by the students having the opportunity to comprehensively and adequately understand the cultural phenomena and phenomena that take place in Russia, Italy and Hungary;
- Students will have the opportunity to master the general theoretical disciplines of cultural knowledge, such as: history of culture; theory of culture, philosophy of culture; sociology of culture; history of arts; and theory of intercultural communication. They will also master courses covering the characteristic features of the culture of Russia, Italy and Hungary;
- The programme consists of a European type of training, and complies with the exclusive standard developed by St Petersburg University. Upon successful graduation from the programme, the students obtain original diploma established by the University;
- There is the synthesis of theoretical and practical training, and the nature of the training is practice-oriented;
- Students have the opportunity to: be involved in the programmes of academic mobility; and successfully continue their education and academic career in different universities in the world;
- The programme trains specialists whose knowledge and skills can be applied in various fields of humanitarian activity. This will primarily be in state, public and commercial organisations of various profiles, which are involved in intercultural and interstate communication both within Russia and abroad, especially in Italy and Hungary.
- Training comprises educational, pedagogical and research practice at the University. As part of the practical training, students: teach independent classes; master educational methods; carry out research in the field of Russian, Italian and Hungarian culture; carry out value orientation of the behaviour of the individual and social groups; and acquire skills of analytical work including the preparation of expert opinions in social culture.
- Having mastered this programme graduates can be employed: in research and educational institutions, museums and media; as experts, managers and consultants in social culture; and as advisors in the sphere of interpersonal, inter-cultural and social interactions for government institutions and private companies.
- Professions include: Scientist, Teacher, Expert, Museum Worker, Guide, Media Editor.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.