Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Ethnic and Cultural Identity of Caucasian Region
- Religions and Traditional Culture of the Caucasian Peoples
- Applied and Folk Arts in the Caucasus
- Languages and "Language Families" of the Caucasian Peoples
- States in the Caucasus
- Ethnic and Religious Conflicts in the Caucasus
- Patterns of Morality of the Caucasian Peoples
- Museums in the Caucasus
- Architectural Monuments of the Caucasus
- The Caucasus as a Part of the USSR: Losses and Acquisitions
- Cultural Research in the Contemporary World
- Philosophical Thought in the Caucasus
- Peculiarity of Dance Culture and Choreographic Art of the Caucasus
- Traditional Musical Culture of the Caucasian Peoples and Professional Music
- The Caucasus in the Middle Ages
- The programme has no analogues in global educational practice. Its uniqueness is backed up primarily by providing an opportunity for a combined, comprehensive and in-depth study of the culture of the peoples of the Caucasus. It is considered as a single region, yet includes many distinctive and autonomous entities, and a socio-cultural complex with distinct characteristics. Along with this, students will have the opportunity to master general theoretical disciplines of cultural knowledge, such as: cultural history; cultural theory; philosophy of culture; sociology of culture; history of arts; and theory of intercultural communication. They will also master courses covering the characteristics of culture and art of the peoples of the Caucasus;
- The programme features the European approach. Training is carried out complying with the exclusive standard developed by St Petersburg University. Upon successful graduation from the programme the students obtain original diploma established by the University;
- There is the synthesis of theoretical and practical training, and the nature of the training is practice-oriented;
- Students have the opportunity to: be involved in the programmes of academic mobility; and successfully continue their education and academic career in different universities in the world;
The programme trains specialists whose knowledge and skills can be applied in various fields of humanitarian activity. This will primarily be in the state, public and commercial organisations of various profiles, which are involved in intercultural and interstate communication both within Russia (Northern Caucasus) and abroad (Azerbaijan, Armenia, Georgia).
- Training comprises educational, pedagogical and research practice at the University. As part of the practical training, students: teach independent classes; master educational methods; carry out research in the field of culture of the Caucasian Peoples; carry out value orientation of the behaviour of individuals and social groups; and acquire skills of analytical work including the preparation of expert opinions in social culture.
- Having mastered this programme graduates can be employed: in research and educational institutions, museums and media; as experts, managers and consultants in social culture; and as advisors in the sphere of interpersonal, inter-cultural and social interactions for government institutions and private companies.
- Professions include: Scientist, Teacher, Expert, Museum Worker, Guide, Media Editor.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.