Level of education: Aspirantura programme
Type of instruction : Full-time
Duration: 3 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Textual Studies and Interpretation of Modern Jewish Religious-Philosophical Texts and Literature
- Textual Studies of Ancient and Medieval Jewish Religious-Philosophical Texts
- Interpretation and Commentaries on Ancient and Medieval Jewish Religious-Philosophical Texts
- Foreign Language
- History and Philosophy of Science
- Actual Issues of the Talmud Interpretation
Resource opportunities for research
Research work is provided by the material and technical, learning and teaching resources of St Petersburg University. Electronic / distance learning technologies are used. There are distance video conferencing classes in Hebrew with specialists from the Interregional Centre for Hebrew Teaching (Israel-Russia).
- For the first time in the history of the state higher education of the Russian Federation, graduates are provided with the opportunity to receive state diplomas of higher qualification in Jewish Theology.
- The programme has a prominent international character, as not only leading teachers and scientists of Russia, but also foreign specialists take part in its implementation.
- It is a unique programme in Russia.
- Academic mobility is provided by academic mobility programmes between St Petersburg University and partner universities, including the Hebrew University in Jerusalem.