taught in Russian
Level of education: Clinical residency programme
Type of study: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Main academic courses
- Professional Maintenance in Dentistry
- Practical Training in Surgical Dentistry
- Scientific Ideology and Technologies of Molecular and Genetic Research in Modern Medicine
- Surgical Dentistry
- General Clinical Microbiology
- Physiology of the Maxillofacial Area
- Public Health and Health Care
- Viral Infections of the Oral Cavity in Humans and Animals
- Emergency Care in Dentistry
- Oral Microbiology
- Molecular Methods in Diagnosis of Viral Infections
- Human Neurophysiology
- General and Special Virology
- Disaster Medicine
- Immunodiagnosis and Immunotherapy in Dental Surgeon's Practice
- Microbial Biofilms: Prevention and Treatment of Infectious Complications in Dentistry
- Biochemical Analysis
- Pathomorphology of the Nervous System Diseases
The programme is designed to: deepen fundamental medical knowledge; improve professional qualifications; and develop the medical judgement of a dental surgeon.
Graduates of the clinical residency programme are ready to solve a wide range of professional tasks.
- prevention of dental diseases among the population through preventive and anti-epidemic measures;
- preventive medical examinations, health assessment, follow-up monitoring;
- collection and medical statistical analysis of information on health indicators of the population of different age and sex groups, which characterise their health status.
- diagnosis of diseases of dental tissues, pulp, dentistry periodontium, dental capsules, oral mucosa and pathological conditions of patients based on: the knowledge of propaedeutic, laboratory, instrumental and other research methods;
- diagnosis of emergency conditions;
- pregnancy testing;
- medical expert review.
- therapeutic dental care;
- participation in emergency medical care in conditions requiring urgent medical intervention;
- healthcare delivery in emergency situations, including participation in medical evacuation.
- medical rehabilitation and health resort treatment.
Psychological and pedagogical activities
- developing motivation among the population, patients and their family members, aimed at preserving and strengthening their health and the health of those around them.
Organisational and management activities
- application of basic principles of organising dental care delivery in medical institutions and their structural units;
- medical expert review procedures;
- organisation of quality assessment of dental care to patients;
- maintenance of records and reports in a medical institution and its structural units;
- creating favourable conditions for patients and medical personnel subject to safety and health regulations in dental clinics, departments and offices;
- compliance with basic information security requirements.