Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Data Analysis
- Machine Learning
- Combinatorial Optimisation
- Principles of Programming
- Theoretical Informatics
- Languages and Compilers
- Probability Theory
- Mathematical Statistics
- Parallel Computing
- Architecture of Computer Systems
- Discrete Probability Theory
- Mathematical Analysis
- Geometry and Topology
- Introduction to Dynamics
- Fundamentals of Naive Set Theory
- Functional Analysis
- Logical Calculus
- Calculus of Variations
- Fourier Analysis
- Numerical Methods
- Training experts with a deep understanding of the mathematical ideas underlying informatics. They are capable of practical application of state-of-the-art information processing technologies and creation of new principles for future technologies
- Junior students are fundamentally instructed in all areas of modern mathematics.
- A fundamental education in mathematics is combined with a comprehensive study of modern informatics. Theoretical courses in informatics are combined with programming, with special attention paid to mathematical and algorithmic work with big data, and the fundamentals of machine learning.
- Students develop skills of scientific inquiry and research, the ability to effectively apply the achievements of modern science to solve industrial problems of data processing and digital economy development. They are involved in scientific work and get the opportunity to participate in Russian and international scientific schools and conferences. They are also suggested research topics related to the developments of leading companies in the field of information technology.
- This programme have been developed in collaboration with Yandex
- Yandex provides scholarships to the best students
Practical training and future career
- Internship opportunities at IT companies; research on topics suggested by the IT industry leaders. The graduates are well-trained to work on a variety of R&D projects in the field of information processing, and to develop new projects. The graduates can also work as consulting mathematicians and university lecturers.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.