Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Second Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish)
- Interpreting (English to Russian and Russian to English)
- Translation (English to Russian and Russian to English)
- General Listening Comprehension
- Innovative Technology in Translation
- Listening Comprehension and Interpretation of Mass Media Language
- Theoretical Issues in Grammar
- Introduction to Translation Studies
- General Translation Studies
- Fundamentals of Interpreting
- Philological Analysis of Original and Translated Texts
- History of Foreign Literature
- History of Russian Literature
The students acquire practical interpreting and translation skills, and are educated in the fundamentals of language theory and translation studies. Upon completion of their studies, they must speak two foreign languages. They also become proficient in interpreting, translation, linguistic analysis and translation analysis.
The area of professional activity encompasses all types of interlingual and intercultural communication in various fields. This includes the provision of the high-level translation services of simultaneous and consecutive interpreting, and translation. They are carried out for: international organisations; government agencies; businesses; publishers; translation agencies; and the tourism and hospitality sector.
The graduates work as interpreters and translators acting as mediators in the field of intercultural communication. They can also work as organisers and managers at various events requiring linguistic support such as negotiations, seminars, conferences and symposia.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Literra Translation Company
- EGO Translating Company
- Context Translations
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.