taught in Russian
Level of education: Bachelor programmes
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 4 year
Main academic courses
- History and Geography of Estonia
- Estonian Studies
- Theoretical Issues in Estonian Grammar
- Translation Theory and Practice
- History of Estonian
- Estonian Lexicology
- History of Estonian Literature
- Finnish / Hungarian
- A unique programme that is unrivalled in Russia.
- The graduates become fluent speakers of Estonian and develop proficiency in various theoretical issues in the Estonian language; they can also speak another Finno-Ugric language (either Finnish or Hungarian), and have study and internship opportunities at partner universities of Estonia and Finland.
The graduates can work as teachers, translators and interpreters. They are also employed by governmental agencies, mass media, travel companies, and service bureaus. They can continue their studies as master's students at either St Petersburg University or the University of Tartu.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Diplomatic representative offices, e.g. the Consulate General of Estonia in St Petersburg
- YIT and other construction companies
- State-owned companies, travel agencies, translation bureaus, and educational institutions