16 November 2018
From 12:00 AM
The General Staff Building of the Hermitage, 6/8 Dvortsovaya pl., St Petersburg
The «Education» section of the 7th St Petersburg International Cultural Forum will include a panel discussion «Export of the Russian Culture: How and why is it in demand?» The experts will discuss how Russian contemporary and classical works of art can be represented in the international arena.
To visit the event, you have to register.
Despite its rich cultural heritage, Russia is almost never represented at international art venues and exhibitions, neither does it participate in theatre projects. Our country misses the opportunity to acquaint people from other countries with the Russian culture, including classical and contemporary art.
Within the framework of the discussion, Russian and foreign experts will exchange opinions on: how to export the Russian culture; and which image of our country can become most attractive for a foreign audience. Art critics and cultural figures will look for ways to interact with international cultural institutions and audiences, and ways to make Russian classical and contemporary art known to the whole world.
The panel discussion will feature:
- Silvia Burini, Professor of History of Russian Art and Modern Art, Ca' Foscari University of Venice; Director, Centre for Russian Art Studies (CSAR), Italy; Honorary Member of the Russian Academy of Arts;
- Seog Young Joong, Professor, Korea University, Republic of Korea;
- Rush Rehm, Artistic Director, Stanford University Theatre, USA;
- Maria Azzurra La Rossa, Head of International Projects, Mondo Mostre, a leading Italian company in the field of organising exhibitions, Italy;
- Pavel Shvedov, film critic, curator of cultural projects of Soyuzmultfilm studio, Russia;
- Maria Golovanivskaya, writer, translator, Doctor of Philology, Professor, Department of Regional Studies, Faculty of Foreign Languages and Regional Studies, Moscow State University, Russia.
The discussion will be moderated by Dmitry Yusov, moderator of Moscow School of Management SKOLKOVO; director at Standpoint, a consulting company.
Languages: Russian, English and Italian.