- The right to use the SPbU library and information resources is provided to the following categories of users:
- students of St Petersburg University;
- academic staff of St Petersburg University;
- other employees of St Petersburg University;
- individuals providing teaching services and conducting research, development and technological works for SPbU in accordance with independent contractor agreements.
- To be granted access to the library, the above-mentioned users shall sign a gratuitous contract for library and information services with St Petersburg University in accordance with these Guidelines in the form established by St Petersburg University.
- In order to facilitate scientific and/or teaching and methodological work for individuals who do not fall under the above categories of users (third-party users), SPbU shall be entitled to provide library and information services by virtue of a non-gratuitous contract.
- The library card is a document granting access to the library and information resources of St Petersburg University.
- The library card shall be issued upon submission of one of the following documents:
- an identity document;
- a service certificate or other document approved by SPbU;
- a student card — for students of St Petersburg University;
- a document confirming the student status and approved by SPbU.
- Access to the electronic resources by SPbU subscription shall be granted upon submission of the user's identification data (login, password) assigned as per the procedure established at SPbU.