One of our top priorities is the implementation of SPbU own programmes to support science and research. In 2013 and 2014 we ran the competition of SPbU megagrant programmes. This resulted in the creation of nine science and research laboratories headed by leading Russian and international scholars.
- Center for Algorithmic Biotechnology, headed by Pavel A. Pevzner, an expert in bioinformatics, computational biology, systems biology, Candidate of Mathematics and Physics, Professor of the University of California, San Diego (USA).
- Laboratory of Electronic and Spin Structure of Nanosystems, headed by Evgeny Chulkov, University of the Basque Country (San Sebastián, Spain).
- Laboratory of Transnationalism and Migration Processes: Comparative and Institutional Analysis, headed by Peter Kivisto, Distinguished Professor of the University of Turku (Finland).
- The Laboratory for Economic Performance and the Environment, headed by Frederick van der Ploeg, Oxford University, VU University Amsterdam (Netherlands), former State Secretary of Education, Science and Culture of the Netherlands.
- Laboratory for Internationalization of Politically Affiliated Firms in Emerging Countries, headed by Lilac Nachum, Baruch College, City University of New York (USA).
- Laboratory of Cluster Catalysis, headed by Valentine Ananikov, Moscow State University МГУ), Higher Chemical College of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Laboratory for Analysis and Modeling of Social Processes, headed by Alexander Knysh, Professor of Islamic Studies of the University of Michigan (USA).
- Laboratory of Biomolecular Nuclear Power Resonance, headed by Nikolai Skrynnikov Purdue University, West Lafayette (USA).
- Laboratory of Amyloid Biology, headed by Yury Chernoff, Georgia Institute of Technology (USA).