The History of Russian Civiliszation
Level of education Master
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 2 years
- История — к
- Socio-economic and Socio-political Issues in the History of Ancient Rus'
- Socio-economic and Socio-political Issues in the History of Russia in the 18th – Early 20th Centuries
- Historiography of the History of Pre-Petrine Russia
- Historiography of the Russian History of the 18th – Early 20th Centuries
- Source Studies of the History of Pre-Petrine Russia
- Source Studies of the Russian History of the 18th – Early 20th Centuries
- Personality in the History of Russia
- The Issue of Inter-ethnic Relations in the Russian Empire
- Historical Memory of Russian Society
- Modern Theory and Methods of Studies in Cultural History — Recent Concepts of Cultural History
- онкурс документов (портфолио) (для граждан РФ и соотечественников)
- The master's programme ‘The History of Russian Civilisation’ is designed to train highly qualified specialists in the history of Russia. They will be capable of conducting research, educational, organisational, managerial and expert activities.
- Training in the academic programme is provided by: leading Russian scholars; prize-winners in the field of historical science; and originators of scholarly traditions for studying various periods and challenges in the history of Russia. These include: Igor Froyanov’s school for studying Ancient Rus’; a research team studying the late Middle Ages (16th – 17th centuries); a research team studying the history of the Russian State (18th – 19th centuries); and a research school studying the history of higher education in Russia.
- The mission of the programme is to train a new generation of historians who: feel familiar with different periods and aspects of the centuries-old history of Russian civilisation and modern historiography; and are aware of its tools.
- The programme combines the research experience of the St Petersburg School of History and modern approaches to the study of the history of Russia.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account professional standards and the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
- New Bulgarian University (Bulgary)
- The University of Bergen (Norway)
- The University of Wrocław (Poland)
- The main issues and specific features of the historical process in Russia from ancient times to the 20th century
- Features of Russian civilisation
- Issues in source studies and historiography of the history of pre-Petrine Russia
- Issues in source studies and historiography of the history of imperial Russia
- Socio-economic and political development of Russian society
- State Formation in Russia in the 15th – 20th centuries
- The history of the government and society relations in the 19th – early 20th centuries
- The history of Russian culture, science and education
Graduates of the programme have a wide scope of professional activities in the field of historical sciences:
- research activities (specialist in research and development)
- teaching activities (educator in the field of preschool, primary general, compulsory, secondary general education; educator in cultural and educational centres)
- organisational and managerial activities (specialist in organisational and document support for corporate management)
- cultural and educational activities (librarian, guide, specialist in archiving, specialist in the production of broadcasting media, media editor)
- expert and analytical activities (expert)