Electromagnetic and Acoustic Processes
03.03.03In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
- Methods of Mathematical Physics
- High-Frequency Electrodynamics
- Atomic Physics
- Higher Algebra
- Quantum Mechanics
- Mathematical Analysis
- Practicum in Informatics
- Statistical Physics and Thermodynamics
- Theoretical Mechanics
- Probability Theory
- Electricity and Magnetism
- Physical Basics of Radio Electronics. Laboratory Practicum
- Methods of Computational Physics
- Fundamentals of Quantum Optics and Informatics
- Geometrical Optics in Radiophysics
- Computer Technology
- The bachelor's programme ‘Electromagnetic and Acoustic Processes’ is aimed at an in-depth study of theoretical, experimental and computer methods for studying various wave processes of a varying nature.
- Students master the advanced fields of physics, mathematics, information technology, and then strengthen their fundamental knowledge with practical research work.
- The programme is supported by one of the leading schools of fundamental radiophysics in Russia. It is specialised in research into: radio wave propagation; charged particle radiation processes; physics of non-stationary and non-linear wave processes; space radiophysics; and acoustics.
- The training is based on the combination of fundamental education with practical work in academic and research laboratories, as well as at enterprises of potential employers.
- Graduates of the programme are fully prepared for continuing their education in master’s programmes and for a successful academic career. They are capable of using advanced physical and mathematical methods in radiophysics and various fields of physics and technology. These include space communication and navigation systems, microwave electronics, radio astronomy, physics of accelerators, and acoustics.
- The University of Leeds, the University of Leicester, Newcastle University (Great Britain)
- The International Centre for Theoretical Physics of UNESCO (Trieste, Italy)
- Boston College, Argonne National Laboratory (the USA)
The programme is aimed at training specialists in the physics of wave processes and physical fundamentals of electronics for carrying out fundamental research in the field of radiophysics and related fields of physics and engineering, and for working at modern high-tech science-intensive production enterprises.
The graduates can pursue a career as research fellows, R&D engineers, electronics and radio communications engineers, teachers, employees of mobile communications companies.
Educator (educational activities in the field of preschool, primary general, compulsory, secondary general education), preschool teacher, teacher
- Teacher of professional training, vocational education and lifelong professional education and training
- Software developer
- Radio engineer
- Specialist in research and development