58.03.01 In english and russian
Level of education Bachelor
Type of instruction Full-time
Duration 4 years
The bachelor’s programme "Japanese Philology" is aimed at developing in students a holistic understanding of Japanese policy, economy, social structure, literature and culture. Students also study in depth Japanese and Chinese.
The programme provides students with universal, vocational, specialised professional and expert competencies in Japanese philology. They enable them to: solve current problems in theoretical and practical linguistics and literature studies; and analyse and evaluate current socio-political and cultural processes and their reflection in literature and language.
This academic programme is aimed at applicants who want to build a successful career in: various divisions of Russian and international companies; state authorities; and administrative institutions.
- Introduction to Asian and African Studies
- Introduction to Literary Studies
- Introduction to General Linguistics
- Geography of Japan
- German / French / English for Asian and African Studies
- Japanese Literature
- Ethnography and Culture of Japan
- History of Japan
- Asian and African Religions
- Ancient and Medieval Japanese Literature
- Historical Grammar of Japanese and Theoretical Aspects of Japanese Grammar
- Contemporary Linguistic Situation in Japan
- Epistolary Text
The programme trains highly qualified professionals with a set of knowledge in regional studies, language, literature and culture of Japan. Graduates of the programme are: much-in-demand by both Russian and foreign employers; and ready to conduct research, teaching, and organisational and managerial activities in the field of Asian and African studies.