The professional development programme is aimed at deepening and expanding students’ conventional views on the socio-cultural and socio-economic processes of contemporary Russian society. It also introduces students to the current methods, concepts and ideas.
Type of study: full-time.
Duration: 8 weeks
Workload: 164 hours (92 contact hours).
Tuition fee: 32,500 roubles.
Beginning of instruction: as and when groups are formed; when concluding an agreement for simultaneous training of 10 or more people, the terms are discussed with the client company individually.
The programme focuses on developing analytical skills and techniques, including a range of various intellectual strategies that increase competitiveness in the space of Russian society.
The teaching staff of the programme include a number of experts who have developed course modules based on their own unique author's research material. The experts have had experience of working with a wide audience and teaching using cutting-edge interactive and conversational methods.
The programme favourably combines classical and modern conversational teaching methods. It is focused on engaging an international audience in interdisciplinary dialogue and creating practical solutions and productive communication. The programme is interdisciplinary as it covers different fields of knowledge (sociology, economics, international relations) and develops competencies from disciplinary areas (sociology and economics).
Graduates of the programme will be capable of:
- carrying out a critical analysis of problem situations in contemporary Russian society on the basis of current ideas and approaches of sociology and social sciences; - attracting competent specialists to develop an action plan;
- involving the ideas of modern sociology in the management of a scientific or applied project at all stages of its life cycle;
- applying modern communication technologies and skills, especially in an English-speaking international and interdisciplinary environment, for academic and professional interaction;
- analysing the dynamics of social and cultural processes and the problems they pose to Russian society;
- analysing and taking into account in personal, public, professional and social activities the cultural diversity of contemporary Russian society and the forms of its organisation; - analysing the factors affecting human resource management practices and applying the skills of working with tools for the development of social, cultural and symbolic capital of a modern corporation in Russian society.
Main topics: • Glam-Capitalism and New Forms of Inequality
- National Context Effects on HRM Practices: Case of Russia
- Social Problems in Digital Society
- Methodology of Sociological Research
- Human Capital Development in VUCA World: Russian Features
- International Dimension of the Russian Society
- Models for a Sociological Analysis of Social Inclusion and Social Exclusion of Transnational Migrants in Everyday Life
- Public Spaces in Big European Cities: Challenges and Transformations
- Facing the Anthropocene: Russia's Economy, Politics and Culture • Time, Politics of Time and Identity
- Critical Thought on Human Rights: Sociological and Socio-anthropological Perspectives
- Public Agenda on Gender and Sexual Issues in Contemporary Russia
- Sociology of Food in Russia