Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: German
Benefits of the programme
- The programme is implemented in close cooperation with foreign partners from the University of Greifswald in the format of "two diplomas" that have coherent curricula.
- The opportunity to study at the University of Greifswald on a "two diplomas" model, and to receive a scholarship on a competitive basis from the funds of a jointly implemented grant
- Unique teaching staff in priority areas of modern linguistics, including invited German specialists from partner universities of St Petersburg University and lecturers from DAAD who are native German speakers
- The current level of programme implementation provides international mobility and academic recognition of the high professional competence of graduates in Germany and other German-speaking countries
- Close partnership with leading centres of Germany - including the universities of Berlin, Hamburg, Heidelberg, Jena, Kiel, Leipzig, Munich, Trier - as well as the opportunity to participate in international academic mobility programmes within the agreements of St Petersburg University and in the competition of scholarship programmes of the German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD)
- Strong corporate links with employers, ensuring effective production practices and consulting support of diploma projects in the leading language, cultural and educational centres of Germany, at joint Russian-German enterprises, and in the translation departments of Russian companies
- The use of modern technologies and teaching methods, taking into account the achievements of Russian and German teaching methods in higher education
Main academic courses
- Fundamentals of Linguistic Pragmatics
- Language of New Forms of Communication
- Types of Texts in Political Communication
- Communicative Strategies and Grammatical Forms
- Semantics of Multimodal Texts
- Inferential Pragmatics
- Linguistics of Hidden Meanings
- Modern Text Linguistics: Text and Discourse
- Text Analysis in the Aspect of Language Criticism
- Linguistics of Language Variability
- Linguistics of Special Languages
- Understanding and Interpretation of Text
- Lexical Semantics
- Frame Semantics
- Academic Writing
- Grammaticalisation Processes in German
- Diachronic Shifts in German
- Ability to create, edit, summarize and systematize all types of linguistic, advertising, mass media and journalistic texts, business documentation, analytical reviews, etc.
- Building predictive scenarios and development models for communicative and sociocultural situations
- Expert evaluation of the impact of speech influence communicative strategies on public opinion
- Oral and written simultaneous translation of German texts
- Organization and management of research and development work.
Graduates are well-placed to embark on a career as university lecturers, school teachers, philologists in research centres, highly-qualified specialists in the centres of German culture and German language training or as translators.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.