Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: French/Spanish/Italian
- Screen Translation
- Translation of advertising text
- Computer-Aided Translation Tools
- Methods of Linguistic Analysis
- Translation of Court and Contract Documentation
- Translation / Consecutive Interpreting from English
- Literary Translation
- Consecutive interpreting
- Simultaneous Interpreting
Benefits of the programme
- The continuity of traditions of the oldest Russia’s schools of thought.
- Unique courses developed by SPbU experts, cutting-edge teaching techniques and technology.
- A wide range of research topics and methodologies in the area of foreign languages.
- Extensive training in a specialized and competitive area of translation.
- Ability to apply translation transformations for achieving the required level of equivalence and representation in all kinds of translation
- Consecutive interpreting and sight translation skills
- Note-taking skills in consecutive interpreting
- Working knowledge of methods used for comprehensive assessment of complex translation projects from/to Romance languages, involving modern computer-assisted translation tools, terminology management features and linguistic software.
The programme trains translators of general and specialized focus areas. Graduates are well-equipped to join the translation market and perform practical and managerial tasks using cutting-edge translation technologies.
Graduates are well-placed to provide high-quality
- Translation services (translation, consecutive and simultaneous interpreting) to natural and legal persons or embark on a career in translation departments of international organisations.
- Language consulting
- Language services management (management of project teams and translation departments)Translator training
- Applied research in linguistics and related disciplines
- Postgraduate study in Russia or abroad
Organisations where our graduates work
- Translation agencies
- Legal departments of large companies and organisations
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.