Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English
Benefits of the programme
- Practical orientation: experienced practitioners as lecturers and guest speakers; compulsory individual summer internship after year 1 and compulsory group consulting project for an SPbU partner company during year 2.
- Leading faculty: academic staff with international experience in leading international business schools, including visiting professors from top-ranking international business schools and leaders from international professional community.
- Cross-cultural environment: the programme is taught in English, cross-cultural environment of the learning process enhances the employability of graduates in the international job market.
- International experience: students have an opportunity to spend at least one semester studying abroad at one of the top universities or business schools from the extensive list of SPbU academic partners (through open competition procedures).
- Double-degree options: students are invited to participate in the competition for double degree master programmes (Master in International Management with Global Alliance in Management Education - CEMS MIM: joint programmes with Vienna University of Economics and Business (WU), HEC School of Management, Paris, Lappeenranta University of Technology (LUT).
- Research opportunities: students can join research and applied projects of leading SPbU scholars choosing from a range of management topics. This can be done as part of the preparation of the thesis.
Main educational courses
- Contemporary Strategic Analysis
- Managerial Economics
- Quantitative Methods of Business Research
- Organisational Behaviour and Human Resource Management
- Corporate Finance
- Consulting Project
- Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish, or Russian)
- Manager Professional Skills
- Electives include: Business Analytics and Big Data, Design Thinking, Marketing of Innovative Products, Consumer Behavior, Knowledge Management, Digital Business, Project Management, Global Talent Management, Sustainable Business Strategies, Technology Innovations, etc.
The program develops a set of skills aimed at preparing a professional that is able to take part in managerial decision-making in various areas in management based on systematic up-to-date managerial knowledge and global vision.
Key developed skills include:
- Working knowledge of strategic analysis methods
- Ability to develop and apply solutions for managerial problems in various areas of management
- Ability to plan and organize the research/analytical process and develop analytical reports
- Ability to lead a project team in various areas of management
- Public business and academic communication skills
Programme graduates are prepared to take various job positions, including business consultant, business development manager, project manager marketing manager, product manager business analyst, entrepreneur.
Such companies as IBM, Google, McKinsey, BCG, Procter&Gamble, L’Oreal, Yandex, Sberbank, Gazprom, Russian Railways, etc,, are among top programme employers. Graduates may also choose to pursue an academic career or develop their own businesses.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.