Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English
The importance of strategic behavior is increasingly recognized in theory and practice. As a result, game theory has emerged as a fundamental instrument in pure and applied research.
The discipline of game theory studies decision making in an interactive environment. It draws on mathematics, statistics, engineering, biology, economics, political science and other subjects. Operations research (OR) is the discipline of applying advanced analytical methods—such as optimization, statistics, machine learning, and probability—to make better decision that impact society and the world positively.
The master programme is designed for students with strong mathematical backgrounds wishing to deepen and broaden their knowledge while gaining applicable skills in high demand in the marketplace. MSc Game Theory and Operations Research provides you with the skills needed to use applied mathematics to problems faced by companies, governments, and other institutions. The graduates will learn to construct and investigate mathematical models of real-life problems using optimization, simulation, and statistics, with specialist software taught during computer lab sessions.
Benefits of the programme
- Innovation and technology-enhanced learning and teaching.
- Partnership with Russian and foreign centers of education and research; the development of regional, national and international academic and research ties; participation in national and international research, educational and cultural programmes, conferences, workshops, symposiums in core areas of interest.
- The best students have the opportunity to publish results of their research (after passing the standard review procedure) in highly ranked scientific journals.
Main academic courses
- Discrete and Stochastic Models
- Operations Research and Game Theory
- Qualitative Methods in Applied Economic Analysis
- PERT and Project Management
- Methods of Statistical Information Processing
- Research Project
- Continuous Mathematical Models
- Economics Software
- Modern Control Theory
- Supplementary Chapters of Mathematical Analysis and Dynamical Systems
- Statistical Decisions and Econometrics
- Queueing Theory
- Russian as a Foreign Language
- Upon completion of our two-year programme, students will be ready to put their knowledge and skills to good use in a variety of fields, including business, education, and research. In fact, recent graduates of our programme have been sought after for such positions as technical staff members in business or industry, government planners, and private consultants.
- The obtained theoretical and practical knowledge and skills enable students to carry out academic research and analyze new theoretical and applied results in accordance with the study profile.
- Readiness for development and optimization of business plans for applied research projects.
- Readiness for management of projects/subprojects, for planning research work, analyzing risks, and managing the project team.
Graduates are well-placed to enter a wide range of careers in analytics, research, and teaching. They find jobs in research centers, universities, R&D and other high-profile companies.
- R&D specialist
- R&D manager
- Educator (vocational and professional education, lifelong professional training)
- IT specialist
- Systems analyst
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.