Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian, English
Main academic courses
- Microeconomic Analysis of Public Policy
- Contemporary Public Management
- Contemporary Strategic Analysis
- Introduction to Business Management
- Professional Skills of Managers
- Applied Econometrics
- Financial Management in Public Sector
- Strategic Planning and Management of State Programmes
- Public–Private Partnerships
- Urban Economics and Development
- Strategies for Spatial Development
- Smart Technologies
- Territorial Marketing
- Policy Analysis
- Consulting Project
- Foreign Language (German, French, Spanish, Russian)
- The programme is practice-oriented with practitioners being employed as lecturers. There are compulsory summer internships after the first year of study, and consulting projects in the second year of study implemented by students for partner companies of St Petersburg University.
- The academic staff consists of: lecturers with teaching experience in leading foreign universities and business schools; guest lecturers from the best foreign business schools; as well as representatives of leading professional communities.
- The programme is taught in Russian and English. The learning process in a cross-cultural environment makes it possible to increase the competitiveness of our graduates in the labour market.
- Students can, on a competitive basis, spend one semester abroad at one of the leading universities / business schools included in the long list of St Petersburg University's academic partners.
- Students can take part in research projects of the University's leading scientists devoted to public and municipal administration in the field of urban and regional development, including graduation project preparation.
Main areas of research
- Strategic planning of regional and urban development
- Territorial marketing and branding
- Private-public partnership projects for territorial infrastructure development
- Smart cities
- Cluster policy
- Regulatory impact assessment (in relation to markets and industries)
- Business-government relations
Center for Strategic Research 'North-West' Foundation; 'Urbanica' Spatial Planning Institute; Committee for Economic Policy and Strategic Planning of St Petersburg; Strelka KB; Russian Railways; Rosneft; Sberbank; Corinthia Nevskij Palace Hotel; Maersk Line; Nokian Tyres; DHL; Ernst & Young; KPMG; L’Oreal; Philip Morris; PricewaterhouseCoopers; Unilever; Baltika Brewery; Heineken Breweries; Gazprom Neft; Megafon; and METRO Cash and Carry, Russia.
The programme is aimed at training specialists who are able to participate in well-founded decision-making in various areas of urban and regional development based on the system of up-to-date management knowledge and global vision.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.