Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main educational courses
- Spanish / Chinese / Italian / French
- Legal Translation
- English in Energy Business Management
- Fundamentals of Project Management
- Stylistics of Business Communication Discourse
- World Economy (in English)
- Business Rhetoric and Standards of Business Speech
- British and American Studies
- The programme is designed to train highly qualified experts in intercultural communication with an in-depth knowledge of English and a chosen second foreign language. They will feel familiar with corporate management in the context of the global integration of business processes.
- This master's programme is unique in that it focuses on applied aspects. It provides an interdisciplinary and integrated approach and covers the main areas of application of the English language: translation and communication. The programme meets the requirements for specialists working in innovative areas of the economy, business and management.
- Graduates of the programme have professional competencies in business and management, as well as in translation and interpreting.
Practical training and career opportunities
Training involves the performance of translation practice in the leading translation companies of St Petersburg, including:
- The EGO Translating Company, Ltd
- Literra, Ltd
The graduates are ready to carry out professional activities as:
- a specialist in translation and interpreting in business and management with knowledge of computer-aided translation systems and machine translation post-editing skills
- a manager in the field of language business (management of translation projects, project teams, translation departments)
- a liaison officer for foreign clients,
- a specialist in administrative and documentary support for corporate management
- teacher of vocational training, professional education, and additional professional education.
The graduates are prepared to work in international corporations, translation companies, etc.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.