Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Legal Transactions
- General Theory of Obligations 1
- General Theory of Obligations 2
- Legal Regulation of Credit and Settlement Relations
- Current Issues in Family Law
- Inheritance Law
- The master's programme ‘Civil Law, Family Law’ provides: fundamental theoretical training in the field of civil law; an in-depth understanding of the principles and norms of civil law; and the acquisition of practical skills in interpreting legal norms and civil enforcement in specific situations.
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. This makes it possible to train specialists in the field of comprehensive legal support for entrepreneurial and other economic activities.
- The programme is implemented in cooperation with the Notary Chamber of St Petersburg. The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods such as: information technology; case studies; role-playing; and business games.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates’ competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
- The University of Passau (Germany)
- Universität Hamburg (Germany)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Charles University (the Czech Republic)
- The University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- The Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
- Peking University (China)
- Hanoi Law University (Vietnam)
There is an agreement with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on student exchange programmes. Students can also do internships in foreign universities as part of interstate agreements of the Russian Federation.
Main areas of research
- Protection of business reputation
- Modification of obligations
- Problems of joint disposition of exclusive rights to works, inventions, utility models and industrial designs
- Separation of tort and contractual liability
The programme is aimed at training competitive specialists who are in demand at the Russian and international labour markets. They are capable of applying civil law regulations, have in-depth knowledge of the legal institutions, which ensure implementation of Russia's state policy measures to create a favourable environment for digital economy development.
The graduates are trained for public service, judicial activity and advocacy; they can also work as corporate lawyers, provide legal support to businesses, human rights protectors, academic and research workers.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.