Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Commercial Procedure
- Practical Classes in Commercial Procedure
- Specific Issues of Civil Proceedings with Participation of Foreign Persons in State and Arbitration Courts
- Interdisciplinary Communication in Civil Procedure (Practical Course)
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Notarial Law
- Enforcement Proceedings
- Special Proceedings and Judicial Proceedings in Insolvency Cases
- Issues in Civil and Administrative Proceedings as Illustrated by Certain Categories of Civil Cases
- The master’s programme ‘Civil Procedure, Arbitration Process’ is designed to train specialists in: civil and administrative legal proceedings; enforcement proceedings; arbitration proceedings; and notarial law. Students study remedies for violation of civil and public rights: in the context of procedural forms of their implementation; in relation to judicial and non-judicial (administrative, notarial) protection; and their mutual influence and dependence, including at the stage of enforcement.
- The programme provides fundamental theoretical training based on the latest research in the field of civil process theory and knowledge of legal precedents in the current substantive and procedural legislation.
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. This makes it possible to develop litigation skills, taking into account the requirements of substantive legislation. The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods, including case studies. The training is focused on the analysis of law enforcement practice in order to develop various options for solving challenges of applying the law.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers and professional associations on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
- The University of Passau (Germany)
- Universität Hamburg (Germany)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Charles University (the Czech Republic)
- The University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- The Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
- Peking University (China)
- Hanoi Law University (Vietnam)
Main areas of research
- Procedural particularities of considering certain types of cases
- State liability for harm caused by the administration of justice
- Representation in civil proceedings
- International civil practice issues
The programme is aimed at training competitive specialists who are in demand at the Russian and international labour markets. They are capable of applying the rules of procedural legislation in practice, drafting procedural documents, having practical experience in protecting violated or contested rights and interests of individuals and legal entities in judicial and non-judicial agencies and enforcement law enforcement agencies.
The graduates are trained for public service, judicial activity and advocacy; they can also work as corporate lawyers, provide legal support to businesses, human rights protectors, academic and research workers.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.