Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- BRICS in the Context of International Relations in Western Hemisphere
- National Interests of BRICS Countries in the Context of Multilateral Diplomacy
- Contemporary History and Politics of BRICS Countries
- Formation and Development of BRICS
- Science, Education and Culture in BRICS Countries
- BRICS in the World Economy
- It is the only master's programme in the Russian Federation that trains highly qualified specialists in international relations who are experts in the issues of the BRICS countries as a whole. The programme employs well-known Russian experts in the foreign and domestic policies of China, Brazil, India, South Africa, and Russia and also international relations as a whole.
- The programme trains highly qualified specialists in international relations who can: work in various fields related to the cooperation of Russia with the BRICS countries; and carry out comprehensive research into these countries. It focuses both on the study of BRICS as a whole, and on a comprehensive study of individual countries and regions: China, Brazil, Russia, India and South Africa.
- Students have the opportunity to: spend a semester at one of the partner universities of St Petersburg University; take part in research and expert activities with their lecturers; and participate in various international cooperation programmes. The fact that some courses are taught in English increases the competitiveness of graduates internationally.
St Petersburg University collaborates with the European Council for Social Research on Latin America.
Main areas of research
- Main trends in the development of international political integration
- Diplomatic history of the second half of the 20th to early 21st centuries
- The system of international relations; history and politics of Russia, Brazil, China, India, South Africa in the second half of the 20th to early 21st centuries; legal systems of the BRICS countries; and cultural relations of the BRICS countries
The graduates can work at research organisations, higher education institutions, international non-profit and non-governmental organisations, analytical departments of business community structures, as well as at state institutions related to the Russian foreign policy and cultural and economic networking with other countries.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.