Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Tax Liability
- Tax Control
- Liability Under Tax Legislation
- The Legal Foundation of Combatting Tax Abuse
- Legal Regulation of Corporate Taxation
- Legal Regulation of Indirect Taxation
- Legal Regulation of Taxes on Income and Property of Individuals
- Legal Regulation of Special Tax Regimes and Corporate Property Tax
- State Cadastral Evaluation from the Taxation Perspective
- Legal Regulation of Payments for Natural Resource Use
- Mandatory Payments to State Extra-Budgetary Funds
- Comparative Tax Law
- International Tax Law (in English)
- Russian Tax Law Issues Related to the Division of Tax Jurisdiction
- European Union Law
- Budget Law: Theory and Practice
- Procedural Law
- Commercial Procedure
- Enforcement Proceedings
- The master's programme ‘Tax Law’ combines fundamental theoretical training based on the latest research in the theory of tax law with knowledge of legal precedents in the current tax legislation.
- An applied approach to the training focuses on solving practical problems. This makes it possible to develop skills in supporting business activities taking into account the requirements of tax legislation and methods for assessing tax risks.
- The academic staff uses cutting-edge teaching methods such as: information technology; case studies; role-playing; and business games. The training is focused on the analysis of law enforcement practice in order to develop various options for solving the challenges of applying the law.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates' competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
There is an agreement with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on student exchange programmes. Students can also do internships in foreign universities as part of interstate agreements of the Russian Federation.
- The University of Passau (Germany)
- Universität Hamburg (Germany)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany)
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Charles University (the Czech Republic)
- The University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- The Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
- Peking University (China)
Main areas of research
- Issues in legal regulation of various types of taxes
- Legal guarantees of the rights of taxpayers
- Anti-abuse in tax law
- Income taxation in international tax law
- Tax and budget law: challenges of border regulation
The programme is aimed at training specialists with the necessary skills and competencies for professional legal activities in the field of tax law. Graduates of the programme are able to: apply their knowledge and skills in practical activities; provide advice; and represent interests in tax disputes.
Graduates of the programme are ready for: public service; judicial and advocacy activities; legal support of business; human rights practices; and research and teaching activities.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.