Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Professional English
- Professional Spanish
- History and Methodology of Applied Physics and Mathematics
- Professional German
- Professional French
- Students receive fundamental knowledge of physics, mathematics, applied mathematics, and professional programming in modern programming languages.
- They master state-of-the-art tools of parallel and distributed computing technologies.
- Fundamental training is combined with practical work in educational and scientific laboratories using the most advanced physical equipment of the resource centres of the St Petersburg University Research Park.
- Cutting-edge computing, information technology and computer tools are used in teaching and research.
The graduates can work at universities and research centres, industry-specific research organisations, R&D companies and IT companies.
- Specialist in computer-aided design of technological processes
- IT specialist in contemporary physics experiment
- Software engineer
- Design engineer
- Stockholm University (Sweden)
- Université Paul Sabatier (France)
- Leibnitz Institute for Plasma Science and Technology (Germany)
- Technische Universität Darmstadt (Germany)
- Jagiellonian University (Poland)
Main areas of research
- Computational physics
- Electron-ion processes in fluids
- Magnetic resonance and tomography
- Optics of semiconductor nanostructures and nanotechnology
- Laser physics and quantum optics
- Physics of the ocean and atmosphere
- Physical fundamentals of diagnostic assessment of functional materials
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.