Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Information Practices for Regional Studies
- Key Issues in Russian Region Studies
- Historical Geography of Russia
- Area Studies Through Language
- State Government of Russia
- History of Russian Borders Formation
- Religions in Russia
- Ukraine, Poland and the Baltic States in Russian History
- Regional Policy and Federal Relations in the Russian Federation
- The programme is aimed at: graduates with degrees in sciences other than history; and foreign applicants with different levels of Russian language proficiency. The programme allows you to update knowledge on domestic history, as well as get an in-depth understanding of the history of individual regions of Russia.
- An important distinguishing feature of the programme is the reinforced block of subjects that allow to improve knowledge of English and Russian (for foreign students) languages.
- The study of the history and culture of the regions of Russia takes place in combination with a comprehensive acquaintance with the modern social and political structure of the country, its role in macro-regional and global political processes.
- The programme gives an understanding of the deep essence of the ‘centre-region’ relationship in the history of Russia from antiquity to the present.
- The acquired competencies become the basis for independent fundamental scientific research and practice.
- Based on the knowledge gained, the graduate is able to carry out expert activities in the field of implementing macro- and micro-regional socio-cultural potential.
- The acquired skills allow graduates to organise cultural processes at the local, regional and federal levels, and interact with public organisations.
- For foreign citizens, training under the programme ‘Russian Region Studies’ will provide an opportunity to successfully establish contacts with Russian administrative, scientific, cultural and business structures.
Archive practice is included in the training process.
The practice takes place at:
- the Russian State Historical Archive; and
- the Manuscript Department of the Library of the Russian Academy of Sciences.
- Specialist in organisational support and records administration
- Opinion journalist
- Media editor
- Expert analyst
- Library employee
- Archives clerk
- Museum worker
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.