Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Domestic and Foreign Policies of the South Caucasus States
- Domestic and Foreign Policies of Belarus, Moldova, and Ukraine
- Domestic and Foreign Policies of the Central Asian States
- Flags and Emblems of Russia and the ‘Near Abroad’
- Integration and Disintegration in the Post-Soviet Space
- Colour Revolutions in the Post-Soviet Space
- Russia's Policy in the Post-Soviet Space
- Conflicts and Security Issues in the Post-Soviet Space
It is the first master's programme in Russia devoted to the comprehensive study of international relations in the post-Soviet space. In 2016, it turned 15 years old. When studying international relations in the region, we use three main approaches: ‘problematic’ (studying the main problems of the region); ‘regional’ (a comprehensive analysis of the processes occurring in the subregions found in the post-Soviet space); and ‘country’ (studying the issues of domestic and foreign policy of every post-Soviet state).
- In contrast with foreign analogues, the programme provides the study of the post-Soviet space 'from within’ and not ‘from the outside’.
- It is possible to visit most of the target countries without a visa.
- There is direct access to international organisations operating in the post-Soviet space.
- Graduates of the programme might be in demand in countries of foreign Europe, North and Latin America, and the Near and Middle East.
- Events are interpreted without Euro- and Atlantic-centrism.
- The language of instruction is the main language of interethnic communication and workflow in the post-Soviet space.
- The teaching staff has a high academic level: three doctors of sciences, and three candidates of sciences.
- Lecturers are fluent in the leading European languages and a number of oriental languages.
- The programme provides a complete set of monographs and textbooks for programme courses. They have been written by our teachers and do not have analogues in Russia and abroad.
- Master’s students are provided with the opportunity to: publish the results of their research in publications listed in Russian and foreign citation indices (RSCI, Scopus); and take part in national and international scientific conferences.
- University Magdeburg (Germany)
- Dresden University of Technology (Germany)
- Helmut Schmidt University of the Federal Armed Forces Hamburg (Germany)
- The University of Hannover (Germany)
- Sciences Po (France)
- École Normale Supérieure de Lyon (France)
- The Hague University of Applied Sciences (Netherlands)
- The University of St Gallen (Switzerland)
- The University of Bologna (Italy)
- The University of Economics, Prague (Czech Republic)
- The University of Southern California (USA)
- The Université de Montréal (Canada)
- The University of Montevideo (Uruguay)
- Qindao Binhai University (China)
- Peking University (China)
Main areas of research
Geography classification of studies
- Post-Soviet / Eurasian studies
- Russian studies
- European studies
- Caucasian studies
- Central Asian studies
Issue classification of studies
- Historical studies of Eurasian peoples
- Domestic and foreign policies of post-Soviet states
- Analysis of Russian policy in the post-Soviet space
- Analysis of the activities of external actors in the post-Soviet space
- Integration issues in the post-Soviet space
- International conflicts in the post-Soviet space
- The influence of ethnic and religious factors on the processes taking place in the Eurasian region
- The ‘problem of the Russian-speaking population’ in the countries of the region
- Revolutionary events in the post-Soviet space
- Public servant
- Employee of diplomatic and consular institutions
- Employee of international organisations
- Research fellow
- Expert, analyst, consultant
- Journalist, political analyst
- Employee at a higher/secondary education institution
- Museum worker
- Tourism industry worker
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.