Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
- Theory and Methodology of Social and Economic Research in Tourism and Recreation Activities
- Theoretical Fundamentals of Spatial Organisation of Tourism and Recreation Activities
- Spatial Planning of Tourist Recreation Systems
- Marketing and Branding of Tourist Recreation Areas
- State Policy in Tourism
- Geographical Information Technology in Tourism and Recreational Activities
The programme is unique in that its content and the structure of the curriculum is focused on training specialists capable of strategic and timely planning of tourism activities in Russia at national and regional levels.
The programme develops, in the future specialists, knowledge and skills that contribute to an in-depth understanding of the processes in the tourism and recreation sector in the context of new geopolitical and socio-economic trends.
The programme is aimed at training specialists to solve professional problems as managers of tourist destinations. It has been designed taking into account: professional standards; the views of employers; and the suggestions of the Council of the academic programme, which consists of representatives of relevant public authorities of St Petersburg and private businesses in tourism.
Main areas of research
- Development and grounds for decisions on the development of tourist and recreational space of the country and its regions
- Innovative technologies in the development management of tourist destinations
Organisations where our graduates work
- OOO Meteors Travel
- ‘Go2Armenia’ travel agency
- Directorate of the St Petersburg International Cultural Forum
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.