Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- High-Performance Algorithms of Linear Programming
- Discrete and Probabilistic Models
- Information-Retrieval Systems in Economics
- History and Methodology of Applied Mathematics and Computer Science: Methods of Mathematical Modelling of Dynamic Processes
- Mathematical Models of Micro and Macro Economics
- Mathematical Methods of Scheduling Theory
- Mathematical Methods of Financial Analysis
- Simulators of Insurance and Banking
- Mathematical Models of Inventory Control Theory
- Mathematical Modelling of Economical Behaviour
- Mathematical Modelling. Part 1. Differential Equations with Delay and their Applications
- Operations Research Methods and Models
- PERT and Project Management
- Decision Making under Uncertainty
- Methods of Statistical Information Processing
- Modelling and Optimisation of Logistic Systems
- Research Practice (Internship)
- Research Project (Practical Training)
- Nonlinear Models of Economic Dynamics
- Continuous Mathematical Models
- Applied Economic Analysis
- Graduation Project Seminar
- Complex Networks and Their Applications
- Modern Philosophy and Methodology of Science. Supplementary Chapters of Mathematical Analysis and Dynamical System Analysis
- Modern Computer Technologies
- Modern Control Theory
- Technology of Internet Application Development
- Control in Social-Economic Systems
- Project Management in Information Technology
- The fundamental training is in line with the traditions of the St Petersburg school of mathematics. This makes it possible for graduates to apply reasonably methods of applied mathematics and computer technology for creating, analysing and using mathematical models of controlled processes and dynamic objects. The models can solve problems of science, technology, biology, economics and management.
- Work on high-performance computing (computing clusters) opens up the opportunity for students to take an active part in the development of the national IT education system.
- Internship are held at leading national enterprises and research institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences such as: V. Efremov Institute of Electrophysical Apparatus; the Krylov State Research Centre; Avrora Scientific and Production Association; Concern Central Scientific Research Institute Elektropribor; Impulse Scientific and Production Association; the JSC Klimov; and others.
- Mathematical modelling to build and analyse controlled and uncontrolled dynamic systems is currently an actively developing field of applied mathematics and computer science. This opens up unlimited opportunities for students and graduates to take part in research. They can present their results in top-ranked Russian and foreign academic journals and at international conferences.
- Academic contacts and joint research involve the exchange of specialists and students with Heidelberg University, Jilin University, and Czech Technical University in Prague.
The programme is aimed at training specialists capable of solving both the theoretical and practical problems of modern control theory. In the process of training all stages of the solution of applied problems are considered in detail, from model construction to technical implementation of the obtained theoretical results.
The graduates can work in the field of information technology, solve cutting-edge technical and engineering problems, in particular — to participate in the development of modern vehicles (ground transport, waterborne craft, air transport and spaceships) and creating new energy production methods and improving the efficiency of the existing ones.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.