Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Algorithms and Technologies of Data Analysis
- Modern Philosophy and Methodology of Science
- Graduation Project Seminar
- Digital Culture: Technology and Security (eLearning)
- Database Optimisation
- Databases for Geographical Information Systems
- Introduction to Modern Database Management System
- Grid Technologies
- Automated Systems of Data Collection and Processing
- Machine Learning
- Database Management System Administration
- Industrial Database Management Systems
- Database Design
- Algorithmic Fundamentals of Image Recognition
- Information Retrieval in Unstructured Data
- Introduction to Blockchain Technologies
- Theory and Practice of Big Data
- Methods of Data Organising and Storing
- Methods of Statistical Information Processing
- Distributed Databases
- Data Mining
- Introduction to Problems of Digital System Investigation and Design
- Java Programming of Internet Applications
- Modern Software Development Methodologies
- History of Computer Engineering and Programming Development
- Technology of Specialised Databases for Modelling Complex Systems
- The programme is focused on an in-depth study of the principles of the administration, development and design of modern databases, and related challenges and technologies. Along with classical relational databases, other models are considered such as: distributed, object, object-oriented, hierarchical, and network databases. Students also study some areas of the database application such as information retrieval, web metrics, and data mining.
- The academic programme ‘Database Technologies’ is designed to train master’s students who will be engaged in independent research and development activities in: the collection, analysis, structuring and formalisation of various data; the organisation of data storage and security; and solutions to applied problems of databases based on cutting-edge computer technologies.
- The programme is aimed at creating conditions for educational support through mastering modern mathematical methods, algorithms and software that implements them. It is for highly qualified specialists in the field of innovative management of managerial information flows in the current modern reform stage of Russia.
The graduates can work in such areas as information retrieval, development and administration of distributed databases and workflow systems for large organisations, creation of image recognition systems (for example, in tracking and monitoring systems), development of new methods and algorithms of information retrieval, web-metrics, image and speech recognition.
- Software architect
- Database administrator
- Software development manager
- Systems analyst
- R&D engineer
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.