Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Professional English
- Professional German
- Professional Spanish
- Professional French
- Professional Russian
- History and Methodology of Physics
- Scientific Seminar
- Problems of Modern Philosophy
- Seminar on Graduation Projects
- Current Problems of Physics
- Digital Culture: Technology and Security (eLearning)
- The master's programme ‘Physics’ makes it possible to receive a fundamental physical education and become a highly qualified researcher. They will be able to use cutting-edge physical and mathematical methods in a wide range of natural sciences and in various industries.
- Students have an opportunity to build their individual educational paths, covering not only chosen branches of physics, but also interdisciplinary fields. Training and research supervision are carried out by highly qualified lecturers, each of whom combines teaching and research.
- During the training, students master the advanced fields of physics, and then deepen their fundamental knowledge with practical research work using upscale cutting-edge equipment.
- The programme training provides professional research skills using sophisticated experimental equipment. Graduates of the programme are well-prepared to continue their education in doctoral programmes. The quality and level of training of graduates gives them the start to a successful scientific career.
Our graduates can work as
- Design engineer
- Head of design engineering department
- Expert in research and engineering
- Specialist in computer-aided design of technological processes
Organisations where our graduates work
- National Research Center 'Kurchatov Institute’
- The Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
- State corporations: ROSCOSMOS, ROSATOM, and others
- Institutes of the Russian Academy of Sciences: St Petersburg Department of Steklov Mathematical Institute, Institute of Macromolecular Compounds, Ioffe Institute, and others
- R&D and production organisations: JSC Atomenergoproekt, JSC Gidropribor, Krylov State Research Centre, and others
- IT companies: Google, Yandex, Doctor Web, Siemens, EURECA, and others
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.