Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
- Mathematical and Computer Modelling of Natural Processes
- Algorithmic Fundamentals of Information Processing
- Technologies and Algorithms of High-Performance and Distributed Computations
- Algorithmic Theory of Coding and Fast Signal Processing
- Introduction to Problems of Digital System Investigation and Design
- Precomputation of Complex Problems
- Methods of Statistical Information Processing
- Applied Software for Modelling Complex Systems
- History of Computer Engineering and Programming Development
- Mathematical and Computer Modelling Processes in Complex Technical Systems
- Mathematical Description of Hard Formalisable Processes
- Automated Systems of Data Collection and Processing
- High-Performance and Distributed Computing Systems
- Methods of Financial Mathematics
- Design and Administration of Networks
- Functional Methods in Problems of Computational Physics
- Features of Algorithms for Modern Computing Systems
- Information Systems
- Modern Database Management Systems
- Modern Philosophy and Methodology of Science
- Network Protocols and Services, Middleware, GRID-Technologies, Cloud Computing
- Mathematical Methods in Programming and DB
- Numerical Methods of Solving Complex Problems
- Scientific Visualisation of Complex Physical Processes
- Students are trained in the cutting-edge and most popular computer technologies in the world: cloud computing, big data, and Hadoop.
- They have access to advanced computer architectures: Blue Gene, Ultra SPARC, GP GPU and others.
- They can take part in cooperation programmes with world’s leading universities.
- They receive a comprehensive education from a good mathematical preparation to in-depth knowledge of engineering disciplines.
- Graduates have an opportunity to work in leading computer companies.
- Analyst – a specialist who knows how to ‘put’ applied tasks into computing.
- Mathematician – a specialist who knows how to bring tasks to the necessary rigour, correctness and efficiency.
- System programmer – a specialist who knows how to bring developed models to special and intermediate software that implements all created theoretical models.
- Our graduates are universal researchers who are ready to apply their knowledge to solve urgent and resource-intensive tasks.
Organisations where our graduates work
- Computer companies and software producers: IBM; Oracle; EPAM Systems; T-Systems; Digital Services Association; Speech Technology Center Limited; NEOTEK MARIN JSC; group of companies ‘Digital Design’; and others
- Computing centres and research institutions: the Resource Centre ‘The Computing Centre of St Petersburg University’; and the Laboratory of Information Technologies of the Joint Institute for Nuclear Research
- Industry: Avrora Scientific and Production Association; JSC Concern Okeanpribor
- Universities: St Petersburg University; the University of Amsterdam; Aalto University; and others
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.