Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Business analysis of information
- Sectoral analysis and geomarketing studies
- Corporate geography
- Current issues in Russian regional development
- GIS in Economic geography
- Science project management
- Regional Consulting: Methods and Techniques
- Changing Urban-Rural Linkages
- Institutional Factors of Regional Development
- Sustainable Community Development and Urban Planning
- Public Policy and Urban Space
- This programme is aimed at training highly qualified experts. They will have a modern analytical toolkit for managing state-level, municipal and corporate land development.
- This programme has an interdisciplinary approach. It combines an in-depth training in social-economic geography with geoinformatics and digital technologies as well as spatial analysis.
- This programme has two working languages: Russian and English. Also, it provides an opportunity to study at the University of Eastern Finland (UEF) during the third term.
- The graduates will have at their disposal: a spatial analysis toolkit for efficient decision-making in regional development; skills in monitoring and forecasting socio-economic situations; and expertise in corporate strategies and geomarketing research.
Practical training and career opportunities
The graduates will be skilled to work in: design institutions; governmental and municipal institutions; and private and corporate geomarketing research centres. They can be employed as: analysts and consultants in corporate strategy development and socio-economic strategy development; and urban planners, and IT and geoinformatics specialists.
- The government of Saint Petersburg
- The government of Leningrad Oblast'
- Presidential Plenipotentiary
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- International Enterprise Singapore
- RBC Holding
- International Centre of Socio-Economic Research 'Leontiev Centre'
- Institute of Urban Planning 'Urbanika'
- 'CSR North-West' fund
- 'UST'-LUGA' marine port
- 'RZD' Russian Railways
- 'Northern Capital Gateway' LLC
- Saint Petersburg State Budgetary Institution 'Saint Petersburg Centre of Transport Planning'
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.