Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: English, Russian
Main academic courses
- Banking Law
- Investment Law
- Information Law
- Commercial Law
- Commercial Law of Foreign Countries
- Competition Law
- Corporate Law
- Insolvency (Bankruptcy) Law
- Legal Services and Protection of Rights for Subjects of Entrepreneurial Activity
- Current Issues in Legal Regulation of Securities Market
- Current Issues in Business Law
- Insurance Law
- The master's programme ‘Business Law’ combines: fundamental theoretical training in comprehensive legal support for business in entrepreneurship activities and the functioning of the fuel and energy complex; a comprehensive study of the doctrinal issues of entrepreneurial (commercial) law; representation of interests of concerned parties in business disputes; an interdisciplinary approach that makes it possible to study legal regulation in the Russian Federation taking into account its participation in the unified legal field of the Eurasian Economic Union and formulate a conceptual approach to the problem posed; an innovative approach to educational activity, which implies the use of interactive teaching methods along with practice-oriented ones; and an applied approach, which focuses the training process on solving practical problems.
- The academic programme has been designed taking into account the views of employers on the correlation of graduates’ competencies and job functions in their professional activities.
- The relevance of the master's programme is determined by: global trends in the entrepreneurial development; structuring of market relations; the increasing demand for highly qualified legal personnel capable of accompanying competently all types of entrepreneurial and/or professional activities.
- The structure of the academic programme makes it possible for students to obtain systemic knowledge of the legal regulation in business activities.
- Students receive fundamental training in legal regulation in business and/or professional activities. This is the basis for their further research activities and makes it possible to deepen their knowledge in doctoral programmes at St Petersburg University.
- The academic programme provides students with an opportunity to publish their research findings. The areas of these studies result from direct communication with practicing lawyers specialising in legal support for business and/or professional activities.
- During the training, students are provided with internship opportunities at leading Russian and foreign educational institutions.
- The Academy of the Ministry of Internal Affairs of the Republic of Belarus
- Vilnius University (Lithuania)
- Universität Hamburg (Germany)
- Charles University (the Czech Republic)
- Peking University (China)
- Freie Universität Berlin (Germany)
- The University of Belgrade (Serbia)
- The University of Passau (Germany)
- Hanoi Law University (Vietnam)
There is an agreement with the Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China on student exchange programmes.
Main areas of research
- Current issues in business law
- Legal regime of business activities abroad
- Insolvency (bankruptcy) law
- Antimonopoly regulation and protection of economic competition
- Arbitration and arbitral proceedings
- Legal regulation of securities market
- Legal services and protection of rights for subjects of entrepreneurial activity
- Current issues in legal regulation of securities market
- Banking law
- Investment law
- Information law
- Corporate law
The mission of the programme is the training of specialists for the comprehensive legal support of business in the sectors of business management and operation of the fuel and power sector. They will have the necessary knowledge of business (commercial) law. They will be able to apply their practical knowledge and skills by providing qualified legal support, consultancy services, and representing parties in economic disputes.
The graduates of the programme are sought after by: the participants of economic relations; governmental agencies in the spheres of business management and operation of the fuel and power sector; specialized legal consultancy companies; PLCs; and all other economic agents interested in employing the specialists in the sphere of protection of rights and lawful interests.
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.