Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- Logic and Methodology of Research
- History and Theory of Religion
- Concepts of Modern Asian and African Studies
- Concepts of Modern Religious Studies
- Semiotics and Communication Theory
- The master's programme ‘Asian and African Religions (with Asian/African language tuition)’ is aimed at developing in students a holistic understanding of religious, cultural, civilisational, ethno-confessional, and other features of Asian/African countries and peoples. Students also study in depth one or more Asian/African languages.
- While training, students study: the history and theory of religion; the concepts of modern religious studies; religious doctrines and systems of philosophy in the Middle and Far East; and disciplines that reflect the issues in the genesis and functioning of traditional consciousness and religious institutions in Asia and Africa.
- The programme is designed to develop in students a scientific horizon that makes it possible to: perceive and interpret scientific ideas in various fields of humanitarian research; instil professional skills of scientific inquiries and research; develop the ability to use efficiently the achievements of modern science; work in a research team; and use the knowledge obtained to solve theoretical and applied tasks.
Main areas of research
- Asian and African religions
- The sphere of interaction with Asian/African countries and peoples
- Russian, regional and international organisations interacting with Asian/African countries and peoples
- Teacher of additional education for children and adults
- Teacher of professional training, vocational education, and lifelong professional education and training
- Expert in education
- Museum curator
- Specialist in organisational and document support for corporate management
- Media correspondent
- Media editor
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.