Level of education: Master programme
Type of instruction: Full-time
Duration: 2 years
Language of instruction: Russian
Main academic courses
- History of Conflict Resolution Studies
- Interdisciplinary Conflict Analysis
- Theoretical and Academic Approaches
- Techniques of Conflict Resolution and Peace-keeping: Negotiations
- Business and Organisational Conflict Management
- Methodology of Scientific Research
- Applied Research Methodology and Data Analysis in Conflict
- Digital Culture: Technology and Security
- Methodology of Political Conflict Analysis
- Legal and Alternative Conflict Resolution and Peacekeeping
- Socio-political Methods of Peacekeeping
- National Security and Political Conflict
- Political Components of Labor Conflicts
- Conflict Resolution Counseling and Mediation
- Current Issues in the History and Theory of Conflict Resolution Studies
- The master's programme ‘Conflict Management’ is unique and is implemented only at St Petersburg University.
- Graduates of the academic programme acquire the best practices to work with conflicts. They will be capable of applying knowledge, skills and abilities of: in-depth analysis and expertise of social, political, ethnic and interpersonal conflicts; detecting a conflict situation; and planning a strategy for intervention in a conflict and alternative (negotiation and mediation) technologies for its settlement. Our graduates meet the demands of the state in highly skilled specialists of the new branch of professional activity in the field of conflict resolution (disputes) assisted by a mediator.
- Cutting-edge interactive methods that combine a deep theoretical background with a conspicuous practical focus are used in the training process.
- Our lecturers are leading experts in the field of knowledge and practice. Many of them are internationally certified mediators with more than 25 years of practical experience in conflict resolution using alternative methods and procedures.
- The University of Geneva (Switzerland)
- The Sorbonne (France)
- Beijing Normal University (China)
- The University of Tartu (Estonia)
- Hokkaido University (Japan)
- Hiroshima City University (Japan)
- Seoul National University (South Korea)
Main areas of research
- Interdisciplinary research in conflict and peaceful ways of interaction in various spheres of social life
- Factors of conflict and peaceful interaction
- Conditions and technologies for prevention, management and resolution of conflicts
Graduates will carry out their professional activities in the following areas
- Administrative, management and office activities
- Ensuring security and conflict resolution and peacekeeping research
Graduates can also carry out professional tasks related to: research, organisational, managerial, pedagogical, technological, design, information and analytical activities.
Organisations where graduates work
- NP "League of Mediators"
- Administration of St Petersburg
- Administration of Vasileostrovsky District of St Petersburg
- TP "Gdansk"
- Business Investment Group "BIG"
- LLC Amsar
- Office of the Plenipotentiary Representative of the President of the Russian Federation in the North-West Federal District
- St Petersburg University
- Saint Petersburg State University of Information Technologies, Mechanics and Optics
- Mediation Centre of St Petersburg University
Interested in this programme — set up your personal account to proceed with your application.